Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sugar Cookies (Revisited)

Hello everyone! I'm finally done with finals! So, I didn't do too well on my Stats final today but all is good because I'm done with another year of school :D Yay! Next year/quarter, I know not to sign up for classes with finals 3 days in a row...that's a total killer, especially if the last few finals are the most important classes. My body aches from the lack of sleep, but returning to the kitchen makes me one happy camper :) I was thinking of just resting today, but I decided to go ahead and bake...hehe :D I feel like I've been away from the kitchen for too long (even though it's been less than a week). Oh yes, for those in college, don't look at food blogs because they are distracting! haha :D Anyways, today I decided to go ahead and bake sugar cookies. I'm not too fond of sugar cookies as I mentioned before, but it's fun for decorating different things. My original plan was to make Cookie Lollipops, but I didn't have lollipop sticks. I thought I had some at home, but I couldn't find it, so I decided to just go ahead and play with the dough :D Hehe~ Anyways, the recipe is linked to the Cookie Lollipop :D Good day al!~

Sugar Cookies
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups (340 grams) unsweetened butter, room temperature
1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
2 eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
5 cups (650 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface
food coloring, in various colors

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix together salt and flour. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar till creamy (for about 3 minutes). Add the eggs and the vanilla extract and beat again until it’s light and fluffy for an additional 3 minutes.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix.
4. Turn the dough onto your work surface and gather it into a ball. Divide dough into small balls and add food colorings of your choice. Make sure the food coloring is well incorporate into the sugar cookie batter.
5. Wrap each ball with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
6. When the dough has cooled, preheat oven to 350 F (176 C). Roll out dough into 1/4 inch thickness. You can incorporate different colors together if you want. Cut different shapes with cookie cutters.
7. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cook for 8~13 minutes depending on width of cookies.

Aren't the colors pretty? tehe :D

Bake away~ You see that little gingerbread man with the buttons on the top corner? That was my prettiest one after it baked, but my dog ate it when I left it on the table :(

No comments: