Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lemon Bars

Yesterday, I decided to clean up my baking closet - organize the different chocolate chips, put the sugar in one corner, put the flour in the other corner. While cleaning up the bits of this and that, I came across a lemon bar recipe that was shoved under the chocolate powder. I thought, since the weather is getting warmer, why not give this a try. I didn't quite remember the taste of this particular recipe so I gave it a go! It was nice and delicious and super yummy! I wish I can give credit to whomever this recipe belongs to, but I didn't write down the owner of this recipe. It was delicious nonetheless! Enjoy~

Lemon Bars
Ingredients:
Crust:
2 cups flour (sifted)
½ cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter (softened)
1/2 tsp lemon zest

Filling
4 eggs (beaten)
2 cups white sugar
½ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp lemon zest (grated)
¼ cups flour
½ tsp baking powder

Directions:
1. For the crust, mix the softened butter into the flour and powdered sugar with your hands (or a pastry blender) until it clings together. Press the mixture into a 13×9″ greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 25 minutes or until lightly golden.

2.For the filling, beat the eggs with a hand mixer for about 5 minutes until frothy. Add the sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. In another bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Stir into the egg mixture. Pour over the baked, warm crust. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.


Enjoy everyone!

No comments: