Friday, May 7, 2010

Banana Nut Muffins


Don't you hate to see food go to waste? I certainly do! And that's what happens several times in my household with bananas. We usually purchase bananas because it's simply a healthy snack (better than chips, junk food, etc) to munch on...and it definitely satisfies my sweet tooth. The problem is, especially because summer is approaching, the bananas get too ripe too easily. And, I like eating my bananas slightly before they're ripe...so extra ripe bananas are something that I just refuse to eat! haha :D Luckily, there's always banana nut muffins to save the day! Yay~ haha :D These banana nut muffins are moist and flavorful and they are banana-y! :D I hope you enjoy them as much as I do...NEVER let your ripe bananas go to waste! This recipe is adapted from an All Recipe recipe :D

Banana Nut Muffins
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 large bananas, mashed (I left some of them in small chunks)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray, or use paper liners.
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside. Combine sugar and butter and mix. Add eggs and mix further.

3. Mash bananas in a separate bowl (leave some chunky if you wish). Add the mashed bananas into the wet mixture. Then slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet. BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVERMIX!

4. Chop the walnuts and incorporate into the muffin mixture. Add mixture into muffin cups about 2/3-3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20~25 minutes for standard sized muffins.


P.S. Please excuse my pictures! I started playing with my 35mm f/1.8 lens today for the first time (and I started shooting RAW images)...so I haven't adjusted to it! Hehe :D Anyways, feel free to add mini chocolate chips or blueberries or lemon zest to the muffins! Happy cooking & eating everyone! Oh yes, and happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that one can't figure out where they go, but just a note-it seems you didn't mention the cinnamon or vanilla extract anywhere in the directions...

Otherwise, I love the post (and the photos!).